Picnics, who doesn’t love a good old fashioned picnic?
The excitement of packing a cooler with all your favourite snacks (some home-made, some not), packing in the picnic blanket, your favourite books and games to keep you occupied and the delight of finding a picnic spot that’s a little off the beaten track.
This is all very charming if you are a seasoned picnic-er, but truth be told, not many of us are.
So to help make sure that you and your loved ones can have a relaxing and lovely picnic – that is memorable for all the RIGHT reasons – wherever you may be on holiday, we have compiled some easy tips for you to follow:
- Pack smart – Pack food into the cooler/picnic bag in the order that it will be served (last in, first out rule). This will help to reduce the amount of rummaging around in the bag and just makes for a more relaxing time.
- Prepare dishes that can be eaten straight from their container e.g. salads in jars, or chips with dip.
- Push the bottom of a large crisp bag upwards, inside itself, to turn it instantly into the perfect snack bowl.
- Use wax paper to wrap up sandwiches instead of cling wrap, this will help to keep the sandwiches from going soggy.
- Buy some cupcake cases and place them over your drinks to help keep the bugs at bay
- Eat some Tic Tacs, then wash out the Tic Tac containers and refill with spices such as salt and pepper.
- Waterproof your picnic blanket by sewing a shower curtain onto the bottom side of it (no damp blankets) click here to see how.
- If you like a little background music, just place your phone into a glass. The glass acts as the perfect portable speaker. Or, just lie back and enjoy the sounds of nature!
Now that’s how you do a picnic – no fuss and hassle free, leaving you free to explore your surroundings and enjoy quality time with your loved-ones!. Kick back and relax with your favourite drink in hand while you enjoy your picnic. Your family will treasure the experience, guaranteed!